Search found 40 matches
- Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:30 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Electronic Odometer: 1989
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3817
Re: Electronic Odometer: 1989
I have never heard of that problem before. Berreta GT, with the electronic dash... Speedometer and Trip Meter work fine....after next oil change, I'm going to write down all trip mileage (via fuel stop reset), and compare to odometer. If odometer is consistently 3X higher, I'll just let it be. Than...
- Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Still Lurking in the Shadows
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8985
Re: Still Lurking in the Shadows
How about a redblock Volvo?95BerettaBase wrote:I haven't been able to hold onto vehicles very good since, I've went through 3 vehicles since last year.
Selden Cooper's 1 Million Mile Journey

- Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Whats the differences in 3t40/125c transaxles???
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14445
Re: Whats the differences in 3t40/125c transaxles???
They are all interchangeable. A 3t40 is a 3t40, period. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/mitchythekid_2006/Technical%20Tidbits/1985_125_a_3.jpg http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/mitchythekid_2006/Technical%20Tidbits/1985_125_b_2.jpg http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/mitchythekid_...
- Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:06 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Electronic Odometer: 1989
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3817
Electronic Odometer: 1989
Trivial, but the odometer is running 3x faster than actual miles. Speedometer and Trip Meter work fine, along with mpg.
A local GM mechanic indicated to get another unit....I think I'll find a hour meter to keep track of engine run hours.
A local GM mechanic indicated to get another unit....I think I'll find a hour meter to keep track of engine run hours.
- Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:56 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Possible bad ECM input needed.
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17962
Re: Possible bad ECM input needed.
I've never looked at one, but on ECMs that can be opened up, sometimes its the capacitors that fail...replace them, VaRoomwoody90gtz wrote:7730 ECMs
- Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Possible bad ECM input needed.
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17962
Re: Possible bad ECM input needed.
makes me think I'd be check wiring schematics, and confirming power is where its suppose to be. Relay controls fuel pump....there's a test connector for priming fuel pump under the hood, on driver's side...on earlier Berettas. No fuel, no go...is there fuel pressure in the rail? Fuel pump relay sho...
- Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 11/12/2013
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4438
Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 11/12/2013
so it will just bump the letters around.... Each time they play the "freight game," my "deep pockets" get lighter....so, I refuse to play. I lockin on one warehouse, and will buy different product if required to have all products in one warehouse...if they switch the main produc...
- Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 pm
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: Door hinge rebuilding, a how to!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 105540
Re: Door hinge rebuilding, a how to!
These cars have heavy doors, and its only natural that after a few years of use they fail and cause the doors to sag. Good write up...those door hinges were designed poorly. I found a pair on ebay. Also, GM had a recall notice, if you complained, years ago, to just replace them on 1987 and 1988 yea...
- Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 11/12/2013
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4438
Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 11/12/2013
Awesome THANKS! Yes, there are some good prices...but they play the "warehouse" game. The other night, I wanted an item, that "moved" from warehouse B to C...depending upon cart's content. So, I said the heck with it. If I can get items from same warehouse...that works for me......
- Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:57 am
- Forum: Suspension and Brakes
- Topic: Strut Hardware
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3916
Strut Hardware
Anyone seen a complete strut assembly being sold these days? With spring, Dust boot, Strut Mount, Bearing, etc?
Just looking for the cheap stuff?
thanks
Just looking for the cheap stuff?
thanks
- Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: digital dash in a 1990 Beretta problems
- Replies: 23
- Views: 23481
Re: digital dash in a 1990 Beretta problems
Still have a copy of this?gtuturbo wrote:
Date: SEPT., 1988
Subject: ELECTRONIC CLUSTER (U52) REPAIR
Model and Year: 1987-88 BERETTA, CORSICA WITH U52 OPTION
TO: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS
- Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 pm
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: any way to recalibrate a fuel guage?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 7281
Re: any way to recalibrate a fuel guage?
just wondering.......be nice to look down and say....."thats exactly how much gas i have!" Find this post in this thread: http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=399&start=15 Date: SEPT., 1988 Subject: ELECTRONIC CLUSTER (U52) REPAIR Model and Year: 1987-88 BERETTA, CORSI...
- Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 pm
- Forum: Suspension and Brakes
- Topic: Hydroboost
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6862
Re: Hydroboost
N-body brake swap I own a 1984 244 Volvo, and serveral years ago, I plugged the hydrovac unit's vacuum line since hydrovac was defective and sucking vacuum off. Yes, to lockup brakes now requires a pinch more "manpower," but I like it just fine; and being the only driver, it works for me....
- Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:02 am
- Forum: Suspension and Brakes
- Topic: Hydroboost
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6862
Re: Hydroboost
Putting an over-sized hydrovac unit in will bring about a serious braking issue...one light touch on brake pad may lockup brakes.Koots wrote:hydroboost unit,
My brother and I did it years ago...from like a Blazer to a smaller S-10 vehicle...wrong, wrong, wrong.
- Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 pm
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: feels like its stuttering or missing while driving it
- Replies: 14
- Views: 7443
Re: feels like its stuttering or missing while driving it
I hope its not the injectors. GM had some bad designs years ago...YMMV. But, I've read somewhere, one needs to run some chemical/cleaner in them before they set for long period of time. Fuel Varnish, just Google it, it takes out injectors and carburetors. Myself, I put some 15,000 to 20,000 miles a...