Search found 14 matches
- Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 pm
- Forum: Intakes
- Topic: EGR 89GT bypass [tru cold air]
- Replies: 24
- Views: 19910
Re: EGR 89GT bypass [tru cold air]
I'd also like to point out, blocking off the EGR as per the service manual ... Too little or no EGR flow allows combustion temperatures to get too high. This could cause : Spark knock (detonation). , Engine overheating. , and Emission Test Failure. Aka blocking it off, does exactly the opposite of w...
- Tue May 12, 2009 8:10 am
- Forum: Intakes
- Topic: EGR 89GT bypass [tru cold air]
- Replies: 24
- Views: 19910
Re: EGR 89GT bypass [tru cold air]
Yes they do, and simply plugging off the EGR's vacuum will not create a colder intake charge. The exhaust gas still heats up the EGR tube to the exhaust manifold and in turn heats the aluminum EGR valve base, which will still heat the intake manifold. I'm no tree hugger, but it's put there for a rea...
- Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:48 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: aftermarket ECU?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5509
aftermarket ECU?
I personally will be running the Holley 950 Multiport ECU. it's around $550 from summitracing.com. Comes with software, and all thats involved is some pin swapping to make things function, and of course tuning, there's no base map either unfortunately 
- Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:04 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: Beaver Springs Dragway, June 10th
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5824
Beaver Springs Dragway, June 10th
(DrkbwtiPrfm25 @ Jun. 07 2006,12:26)Q
U
O
T
ENice to see at least one face. If your the same one that posted on the Z24 board I'll be with Morkeste and the rest. See ya there!!
Yeah same guy.
Last time i tried to setup on this forum or Bstuff.net, No one read it or replied
U
O
T
ENice to see at least one face. If your the same one that posted on the Z24 board I'll be with Morkeste and the rest. See ya there!!
Yeah same guy.
Last time i tried to setup on this forum or Bstuff.net, No one read it or replied
- Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:39 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: Beaver Springs Dragway, June 10th
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5824
Beaver Springs Dragway, June 10th
I will definately be there. With my 91GT
- Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:45 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: CORBRETTA is born!
- Replies: 357
- Views: 224815
CORBRETTA is born!
Hey norm, if your'e gonna go that far, use the new LS2 motor and GM's 6L80E trans... It shouldn't be that hard.
Then you'll have your power requirements, and TONS of aftermarket available.
Then you'll have your power requirements, and TONS of aftermarket available.
- Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:50 am
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3800 Series III Turbo...
- Replies: 497
- Views: 263375
3800 Series III Turbo...
(nocutt @ Nov. 20 2005,18:09)Q U O T EWell unfortunately I am using 304 mild steel...thermal expansion on this things are more than stupendous...ASSuming I got a ceramic coat and any part of the manifold or "Y" cracks I will be ...ish outtaluck $1XX.xx... It will be nice to use it on both ...
- Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:19 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3800 Series III Turbo...
- Replies: 497
- Views: 263375
3800 Series III Turbo...
(nocutt @ Nov. 18 2005,16:00)Q U O T ELOL!! you must be the PR guy for jethot Seriously ceramic coats will not last a couple of passes road racing...especially not at the higher temps the turbine sections see...now if you are reading literature I OVERstand...however I am talking first hand experie...
- Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:35 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3800 Series III Turbo...
- Replies: 497
- Views: 263375
3800 Series III Turbo...
Actually i did read all 20 pages I probably missed it while SKIMMING through it. I guarantee you, if you Jet-hot your manifolds and exhaust turbine housing (outside only) your scavanging effects will increase and your underhood temperatures will drastically drop. On a V8 at idle they saw temps of 50...
- Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:31 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3800 Series III Turbo...
- Replies: 497
- Views: 263375
3800 Series III Turbo...
Hey i just spent the last hour of my life reading 20 pages on this. Project looks really good. I'm trying to get my crazy NA 3400 back on the road LOL. Anyway i had a few questions/recommendations to make. Firstly i noticed you ditched the custom turbo headers to make log style. Good/bad. Good be...
- Sun May 29, 2005 11:19 am
- Forum: USA - North East
- Topic: Am I the only one in NJ?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15360
Am I the only one in NJ?
I was being sarcastic... 
You have the real reason, mine is the other reason (non law) lol...
You have the real reason, mine is the other reason (non law) lol...
- Sat May 28, 2005 2:43 pm
- Forum: USA - North East
- Topic: Am I the only one in NJ?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15360
Am I the only one in NJ?
(Jeph @ Mar. 28 2005,06:48)Q U O T Ejersey smells like raw sewage and burnt pancakes. you know theres something wrong when there is a state law that says youre not allowed to pump your own gas Ãâ€Ãâ...
- Sun May 15, 2005 6:45 pm
- Forum: Wheels and Tires
- Topic: Best Rim Job
- Replies: 35
- Views: 27468
Best Rim Job
Quote (firefighterjohn2001 @ May 15 2005,09:26)where did you get your HID headlight kit at Ninety1Beretta?
I don't have an HID Kit... The guy i linked that too does. I'm sure he made it.
I don't have an HID Kit... The guy i linked that too does. I'm sure he made it.
- Sat May 14, 2005 10:20 pm
- Forum: Wheels and Tires
- Topic: Best Rim Job
- Replies: 35
- Views: 27468
Best Rim Job
19" are SICK...
I want 18's though... I emailed this guy askingif his tires rub... they are 19 x 8 rims.
Click here to see what i'm talking about...
Edited to fix link
I want 18's though... I emailed this guy askingif his tires rub... they are 19 x 8 rims.
Click here to see what i'm talking about...
Edited to fix link