Search found 63 matches

by Scanman88GT
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:19 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Hello
Replies: 12
Views: 7923

Hello

What would you consider a fair price for it?
by Scanman88GT
Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:42 pm
Forum: Suspension and Brakes
Topic: Yet Another Strut Tower Bar Question
Replies: 10
Views: 7739

Yet Another Strut Tower Bar Question

That stuff is also called convoluted tubing. We use it at work for wiring harnesses in our vending machines. They make the split kind (which is the kind under the hood of your car) as well as non-split type. O'Reilly's carries it, and you can probably also find it at Radio Shack, if need be. They ma...
by Scanman88GT
Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:42 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: A/C Panel Lamps
Replies: 3
Views: 3574

A/C Panel Lamps

I called my local GM dealer to see if he could give me a part # on them. He said that the bulbs were a # PC74. They're mounted in one of those bases that you push in, then turn 1/4 turn to lock. I had thought that the bulbs were a part of the socket assembly and that you couldn't seperate the two. I...
by Scanman88GT
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: A/C Panel Lamps
Replies: 3
Views: 3574

A/C Panel Lamps

I did a search and came up empty-handed on this. I've got a few  burned-out bulbs out behind my A/C Heater Control panel in my 88GT. Can anyone tell me what the part # is for these bulbs? Are they available at auto parts places or dealer only? I could probably snag some from the junkyard, but it's b...
by Scanman88GT
Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Concerning the Odometer
Replies: 53
Views: 31192

Concerning the Odometer

Nope...no ODO ERR. It simply says 300,000 and has been that way for about a month and a half.
by Scanman88GT
Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Concerning the Odometer
Replies: 53
Views: 31192

Concerning the Odometer

Mine turned 300,000 miles about a month ago. The digital odometer just stopped at 300,000. I'm on my second 2.8(original one blew a rear center spark plug out of the head at 210,000 miles, taking all the threads with it. I now have about 180,000 on this junkyard 2.8 that we freshened up a bit before...
by Scanman88GT
Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:04 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: Oil Pressure
Replies: 6
Views: 4291

Oil Pressure

I seem to remember reading somewhere that GM had sent some kind of notice to the Chevy dealers about low oil pressure issues in the 2.8's/3.1's. Alot of customers were complaining about perceived low oil pressure. GM said that in these engines 6-9 p.s.i. at idle was perfectly within spec. When my ca...
by Scanman88GT
Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:36 pm
Forum: USA - Central
Topic: Iowa Junkyards
Replies: 1
Views: 4198

Iowa Junkyards

For any of you in Iowa, there's a great junkyard on the east side of Des Moines called Wrench and Go. You pull your own parts, and pay them a buck to get in. It's at 4100 Vandalia Road, just a mile or two off Exit # 77 of Highway 65. I saw 3 or 4 GT's there that still had alot of good parts on them,...
by Scanman88GT
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:14 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Swapping Engine Questions
Replies: 3
Views: 4093

Swapping Engine Questions

When the 2.8 in my 88GT blew the rear center spark plug out of the head at 210,000 oriiginal miles, we picked up a 2.8 from a Corsica with only 90,000 miles on it (that's the lowest mileage one we could find at the time). Before we put it in, I replaced the timing chain and timing gears (along with ...
by Scanman88GT
Mon May 19, 2008 9:44 pm
Forum: Suspension and Brakes
Topic: '88/89 GT rear sway bar
Replies: 18
Views: 15373

'88/89 GT rear sway bar

If you look at the bar from the end, you can tell if it's solid or not. The original on my 88GT was hollow. It had these plastic caps over the ends too.
by Scanman88GT
Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:04 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: motor problem!
Replies: 31
Views: 19088

motor problem!

I got a used GM Shop manual for my '88 off of E-Bay for like $30 or so. The place that I bought it from specializes in new and used factory shop manuals. This shop manual has detailed troubleshooting guides for all major systems of the car, all engine sizes as well as vacuum diagrams and electrical ...
by Scanman88GT
Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:34 pm
Forum: Suspension and Brakes
Topic: '88/89 GT rear sway bar
Replies: 18
Views: 15373

'88/89 GT rear sway bar

The solid rear swaybar was part of the Z-51 option only available on 88's. I think 15" wheels were part of it also.
by Scanman88GT
Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:52 pm
Forum: Suspension and Brakes
Topic: Steering Rack
Replies: 10
Views: 6163

Steering Rack

It's all done and feels great. It's nice to not have to be buying Power steering fluid in the gallon bottles...lol. The degreasing will start tomorrow, if it's as nice out as it was today.
by Scanman88GT
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:33 pm
Forum: Appearance Mods
Topic: Whereto find themDome light covers
Replies: 4
Views: 3322

Whereto find themDome light covers

Hey, Clearfield18. I could really use a dome light cover for my '88GT. I sent you a mesage with my addess and zipcode. Just let me know how much you want for one shipped to Iowa zip 50213.

Thanks,
Scanman88GT
by Scanman88GT
Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:18 am
Forum: Suspension and Brakes
Topic: Steering Rack
Replies: 10
Views: 6163

Steering Rack

The rack was actually leaking like the Exxon Valdez all by itself for a couple of months before I took it in. It was just too damned cold around here this winter to deal with it any sooner. Not having the money to get it fixed before now also didn't help the situation much. I'll just add degreasing ...