Search found 29 matches
- Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 am
- Forum: Wheels and Tires
- Topic: Tire size calculator
- Replies: 7
- Views: 65919
- Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:06 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13709
Re: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
Only sold at repair shops normally. They do not sell it at Walmart, Auto Zone, etc.
http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bgprod.com/bgdistloc/distloc2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bgprod.com/bgdistloc/distloc2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:59 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13709
Re: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
I'm an old hat at mechanics. Been working on anything that goes fast since I got my first go-cart at age ten in 1979. I actually prefer BG 44K for cleaning the FI system. Seafoam is good, but professional shops around here use BG 44K with their FI system cleaning service. I know of a local dealershi...
- Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13709
Re: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
I took it to a shop. They found corroded grounds that were giving bad data to the pcm from the O2 sensors. Once that was fixed, the mass air was also bad as well as a crack in the PCV line so it was leaking vacuum. Out the door was $360. Engine diagnostic fee $79 but that covered finding & repai...
- Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:49 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13709
Re: setting code P0138
I'm at my wits end now. I changed the converter and still get the code. I guess I will take it to my buddies shop with a high dollar diagnostic machine to figure this out. I pride myself with doing my own maintenance, but I guess not this time. So far this is what I have done. Fuel pressure within s...
- Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:18 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: FIXED 96 3100 hesitates and sputters. loss of power
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2096
Re: 96 3100 hesitates and sputters. loss of power
Front 02 sensor is probably bad.
- Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 am
- Forum: Electronics and Audio
- Topic: Whats the best kind of car alarm to buy?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8315
Re: Whats the best kind of car alarm to buy?
Your best bet is to check out your local radio shops. Most of them also install quality alarms. I am getting ready to install one in my daughter's Beretta just to hook up the auto door locks. Better than that is to get a removeable face radio and NEVER leave anything valuable in your car. I drove a ...
- Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:58 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: 400hp is a bit more fun than 160
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8218
Re: 400hp is a bit more fun than 160
I had those wheels on my chevelle, but I painted them bright aluminum. Get rid of those heavy suckers and throw some lightweight aluminum ones on there. I know my rears with 275/60 street tires were almost 60 pounds. Hope your going vacuum secondaries on the carb. Mechanical suck for a street car un...
- Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:46 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: setting code P0138 ***finally fixed***
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13709
Re: setting code P0138
Well, I changed both 02 sensors. There were pretty cheap thru rockauto. I went with a universal rear and spliced it in. The front I went with Denso which was like $32. I still got the code two days later instead of that day, but the car has not stumbled and the MPG has jumped, so I know the front wa...
- Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 pm
- Forum: Wheels and Tires
- Topic: GTZ wheel price
- Replies: 16
- Views: 16695
Re: GTZ wheel price
There is a set on craigslist here for $60. He says the road rash isn't bad, but won't send me any pictures because his camera is broken. I have not even thought about going to look at them even though he gave his address.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/1204468921.html
http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/1204468921.html
- Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm
- Forum: Exhaust
- Topic: Video of My New Muffler on My 91 Beretta
- Replies: 12
- Views: 9670
Re: Video of My New Muffler on My 91 Beretta
Yes, with no cat or resonator our cars sound like crap. The easiest fix is to add a glasspack to the piping. The longer the better. Put it as far back as you can so the exhaust gas has some time to cool before it gets to it. It will help it last longer. What type of muffler is it?
- Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:59 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: oil pressure gauge high reading
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3517
Re: oil pressure gauge high reading
I just changed my sensor as it was doing the same thing yours is. $20 at autozone. Just makes sure you get the one for a car with gauges. Then you will need a $10 special socket. The sensor is 1 1/16" but really deep, so a standard deep well socket will not fit. The factory sensor was shallow e...
- Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:01 pm
- Forum: Exhaust
- Topic: MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5420
Re: MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter?
I've emailed Magnaflow's technical support. I'll post their response when I get it.
- Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:34 pm
- Forum: Exhaust
- Topic: MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5420
MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter?
Does anyone know if the Magnaflow direct fit convertor has the same restriction in it that the factory down pipe? I believe my cat is slightly clogged so I figure I can kill two birds with one stone by opening up the exhaust while I replace the cat. If not, I will go with a dynomax universal convert...
- Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:31 pm
- Forum: General Questions
- Topic: did my car come with a key fob remote?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3054
Re: did my car come with a key fob remote?
OK Thanks guys. I think I will just install a Crimeguard 350i% from Crutchfield. That will have door lock functionality and it will only take 1 additional relay to get the trunk to pop with the remote. I believe my insurance will give me a little break with an alarm too.