Search found 79 matches
- Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:42 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Re: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
I believe the car is running in limp mode. Not 100% sure, but so far with the symptoms its displaying.
With gear selector in what i believe is Drive, it will rev up to 4200rpm. When in park or neutral it'll rev 3850-3950rpm.
How can I tell, if any way what is causing the car to go into limp mode?
With gear selector in what i believe is Drive, it will rev up to 4200rpm. When in park or neutral it'll rev 3850-3950rpm.
How can I tell, if any way what is causing the car to go into limp mode?
- Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:05 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Re: Cuts off at high RPMs
Dang it. More troubleshooting... I'll make time this weekend to check it out.
- Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:40 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Re: Cuts off at high RPMs
Messed with it a few tonight, couldn't get the dang p/n in drive!! Tried all different positions still wouldn't Rev past 4k.
Yellow and gray to common ground. Same. Tried to 12v. Same problem.

Yellow and gray to common ground. Same. Tried to 12v. Same problem.
- Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Re: Cuts off at high RPMs
That's the exact same diagram I used. Well you posted on another thread lol. I'll figure out the p/n switch, just never crossed my mind!
Now for the injectors, I still have the original LX9 ones. Could I use those? The reason I got the dohc injectors was for plug and play. (Connector wise)
Now for the injectors, I still have the original LX9 ones. Could I use those? The reason I got the dohc injectors was for plug and play. (Connector wise)
- Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Re: Cuts off at high RPMs
Yes, I currently have the yellow and purple wires soldered together. BUT, I don't have the p/n switch installed. My car was original manual so it has the clutch safety switch. That's what's wrong, it needs the actual switch to be in drive mode.
- Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:24 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Re: Cuts off at high RPMs
I'm still using everything the same, injectors which I pulled from a 3.4 dohc. Would a bad injector be causing the fuel trims to be off? Still using the ecu you flashed for me. Another thing, what do I do to the damn park/neutral switch. Put it in drive and short the yellow and purple wires? Forgot ...
- Sun May 31, 2015 7:59 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18902
Cuts off at high RPMs (Limp Mode?)
Well, I've been having this issue for a long time. I'm fed up with it, feel like I can't fully enjoy the 3500 swap. I drive the car a few times out of the week but got used to the issue. Its been there since the 3500 swap was done. Engine breaks off bad on high RPMs and heavy load. Did a log a while...
- Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:30 pm
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: 1996 Mr.Pink
- Replies: 1372
- Views: 1446779
Re: 1996 Mr.Pink
Looking really good. Clean clean work. Will be a strong engine for sure. Side note, what price, if any will YOU put on that engine once it is fully assembled? Or let's say you build a second one and I drive to pick it up. Just curious, something I've been wanting to ask you seeing your previous buil...
- Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:33 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Indy pace car and engine display
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8573
Re: Indy pace car and engine display
Car is in the basement of the museum.
- Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:40 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Indy pace car and engine display
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8573
Re: Indy pace car and engine display
I did not ask, I didn't know it was there. I'm going back tomorrow and I'll ask.
- Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:26 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Indy pace car and engine display
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8573
Re: Indy pace car and engine display
The pictures posted in this thread,
http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php? ... e+pace+car
Where were they taken?
http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php? ... e+pace+car
Where were they taken?
- Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:12 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Indy pace car and engine display
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8573
Re: Indy pace car and engine display
Well, the Beretta in Indy is no longer there. Atleast it wasn't today.
- Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:19 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Indy pace car and engine display
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8573
Re: Indy pace car and engine display
The Indy museum in the Speedway?
I went there today and did not see it. Unless I missed it lol!!
Edit: Just saw the video Ryan posted on YouTube and the car is definetely not in the museum. I was there today. They must of moved it somewhere else or to storage.
I went there today and did not see it. Unless I missed it lol!!
Edit: Just saw the video Ryan posted on YouTube and the car is definetely not in the museum. I was there today. They must of moved it somewhere else or to storage.
- Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:08 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Indy pace car and engine display
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8573
Indy pace car and engine display
where is the original Indy beretta located? I know it is in Dayton Ohio but does anybody know where exactly it is? Here for work and would like to see the car and engine. Thank you.
- Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Post a pic of your Beretta
- Replies: 78
- Views: 48357
Re: Post a pic of your Beretta
I don't have more pics, it's a chopped up base grill. I'll try and get a pic.